Kalling Kingdom v0.38 Release Notes
by Scott Lee :: 2021-07-03
This week, the primary focus was the turn summary panel, which now has pagination for previous turn information. Since last week, it still only tracks changes across market holdings, population, and city cash, but more is coming. The pagination system is a new little mini-project, and the idea is to allow turn information across many, many more data points.
The user interface overhaul continues as well. The business info panel now looks like this and it has a little more versatility both practically and visually.
While not shown here above, the people icons that appear around this info panel that allow you to move people between businesses are going away in a later version, but they're still here for now. The full screen view of business info is going away in favor of something better too but one step at a time!
In addition to these significant features above, here are some other things I'm taking a look closely at and completed with this new version.
- Bugfix: rising crime rate would never get cleared from the event queue after raising military spending to 5K. This is now corrected so that once raising Military to 5K or above, the event stops appearing.
- Fonts have been re-adjusted to better fit the 1080p resolution. The main menu font and text for copyright & version were adjusted, and many panels received font changes. The new business info panel uses a different font than previously. More work is coming on fonts and adjustments to font rendering.
- Business info panel now displays, in text, the owner and business type, while displaying the current workers vs. its maximum as a ratio. For example, in the above screen shot, a restaurant has 1 worker out of an allowed 5.
- Businesses can be renamed from the quill icon on the business info panel.
- Bugfix, sort of: tried to adjust the possibility of clicking the turn summary panel and a business behind the panel (currently, it will often think both have been clicked and interact with both). I couldn't quite solve it in time for getting a new build out this week but I'm continuing to work on this issue.
- Bugfix: the turn summary panel expanding / contracting animation did not used to consider real time but now it does. The result previously was that on older, slower systems that panel would animate extremely slowly due to CPU clock speed differences. This should now be corrected, although it can still run with a choppy visual appearance on slower machines.
In the weeks ahead I'll be working on savegames and continuing to do user interface revisions to make things either easier to understand or easier to use. More to come.
Thanks for reading!